Midterm 1 Information
Time: Thursday, 7/9, 6 pm-8 pm
Location: 2050 VLSB
The campus map shows locations of all rooms.
The exam is closed note, except for:
- A 1-page (front and back) hand written sheet of notes that you create yourself (it may not be shared).
- The Midterm 1 Study Guide. A copy of this study guide will be provided with your exam.
The exam will cover all topics covered in lecture up to and including Monday, 7/6:
- Functions and Expressions
- Control Structures
- Higher Order Functions
- Environment diagrams
- Tree Recursion
- Orders of Growth
- Lists and Sequences (Dictionaries will not be covered on the midterm)
You should be prepared to answer questions that relate closely to the projects and homework assignments (not including challenge problems). You should also know how to draw an environment diagram by hand.
The best way to study for the midterm is to do as many practice problems as you can. The course staff has put together the following resources:
- Past exams and solutions
- Labs and Discussions (including TA-created video solutions)
TA-created practice problems:
- 61A practice problems: You can use the Resource Search bar on the main page to search for topics. Try typing in "practice" or "recursion"!
- Python Tutor for drawing environment diagrams
- Other review materials and guides
We will have review session in lecture on the day of the midterm.
You should have already filled out the Alternate exam request. If you are a DSP student, you should have already been contacted by Jessica Gu.